Do You know what are the benefits of visitor management system and its uses? this article discusses VMS. Visitor Management is the process of organizing, recording, and supervising the visits of people to a particular location, such as an office, building, or institution.
The goal of visitor management is to improve safety, efficiency, and visitor experience. With an effective visitor management system in place, companies can manage visits in a more structured and transparent manner.
Types of Visitor Management Systems
There are several types of visitor management systems (VMS) that companies can use, including:
Conventional Visitor Management System
This system is the traditional method of organising visitor visits. Usually, visitors have to register themselves in a manual guest book, and their identity is taken manually by the security guards. Although simple, this system lacks efficiency in managing visitor data and is prone to errors and information loss.
Digital Visitor Management System
This system is an evolution of the analogue method, using specialised software to manage visitor visits. Visitors can register using tablets or other available devices, and their data is automatically recorded. This system is more efficient and accurate compared to the analogue method.
Cloud-based Visitor Management System (SaaS)
This system is the latest solution in visitor management. Visitor data is stored in the cloud, so it can be accessed and managed from various locations easily. The system is more flexible and scalable, suitable for companies with many branches or scattered locations.
Benefits of Visitor Management System.
There are several important benefits of Using the visitor management system. Visitor Management is important because it helps improve security, reduce risk, increase efficiency, and provide a positive experience for visitors. By using the right visitor management system, organisations can monitor, track, and manage visits more effectively.
Some of the benefits of a good Visitor Management implementation are:
Increased Security: With an efficient visitor management system, companies can monitor who enters their premises and identify unauthorised visitors or potential security hazards.
Operational Efficiency: The process of registering and recording visitors becomes faster and more efficient by using a digital visitor management system. This reduces waiting time and increases the productivity of security guards and receptionists.
Positive Visitor Experience: With an easy and fast registration process, visitors feel more cared for and valued, making their visit a more pleasant experience.
Protecting Confidential Information: A visitor management system helps identify and monitor visitors who have restricted access to certain areas, thereby protecting confidential company information.
Visitor Management for a Hybrid Future of Work
Visitor Management also becomes important in a hybrid working context where visitors include employees working remotely. A modern visitor management system can help organisations manage and integrate the visits of employees who are physically present as well as virtually.
In a hybrid work model, employees may be present regularly for meetings or physical collaboration, but work remotely most of the time. A visitor management system that is integrated with the employee attendance system and work schedule can help organisations efficiently manage employee attendance and visits.
Best Practices for Issuing Visitor IDs in Hybrid Workplaces
In managing the issuance of visitor IDs in hybrid workplaces, some best practices that companies can implement are:
- Ensure the Issuance of Secure and Unique Identification: Each visitor should be issued a unique and secure ID, such as an identity card or visitor tag that contains important information.
- Involving Visitors in the Registration Process: Visitors can be invited to register themselves prior to their visit, by filling out a form online or through a specialised app. This eases the registration process when visitors arrive on-site.
- Ensure Appropriate and Relevant Information is Available to Visitors: Prior to the visit, visitors should be provided with relevant information about the location, behavioural guidelines, safety rules, and so on.
Components of a Modern Digital Visitor Management System
A modern digital Visitor Management System has the following key components:
- Visitor Registration: This feature allows visitors to register before the visit or on the spot. Visitors can fill in important information such as name, address, phone number, and purpose of visit.
- Visit Recording: After registration, the system will record the visitor’s arrival and return times automatically. This data is used to organise attendance and calculate the duration of the visit.
- Visitor Identity Issuance: The system can print visitor ID cards or labels that contain visitor information and photos. These IDs are used to identify visitors throughout the premises.
- Security Monitoring: This module serves to supervise visitors who have limited access to certain areas. This feature increases security and reduces the risk of unauthorised access.
- Integration with Other Systems: The Visitor Management System can be integrated with other security systems, such as CCTV, automatic door access, or employee attendance systems.
- Data Reporting: This feature allows companies to generate reports on visit data, stay time, visitor statistics, and others. These reports are used for analysis and decision-making.
Visitor Management for Health Systems and Hospitals
In the context of health systems and hospitals, Visitor Management plays a crucial role in organising patient visits and ensuring the safety of the healthcare environment. Some of the key functions of Visitor Management in health systems and hospitals are:
- Organising Patient Visits: The Visitor Management System can help organise patient visits to polyclinics, hospitals, or other healthcare facilities. Visitors can pre-register through the app or on-site.
- Monitoring Patient Attendance: After registration, the system will record patient attendance and organise queues for examination or treatment.
- Manage Waiting Time: In a crowded healthcare system, patient waiting time can be an issue. Using Visitor Management, patient waiting time can be managed and optimised.
- Securing Sensitive Information: A Visitor Management system can help monitor visitor access to certain areas, such as operating theatres or inpatient areas, to protect sensitive patient information.
Visitor Management for Schools and Universities
In an educational setting, Visitor Management becomes essential to organise visits by parents, guests, or vendors, monitor student attendance, and maintain security in school, college, and university environments. Some of the main functions of Visitor Management in an educational setting are:
- Organising Parent Visits: Parents and guardians often visit schools or universities to talk to teachers or attend school events. The Visitor Management System can help organise parent visits and track their attendance.
- Monitoring Student Attendance: The Visitor Management System can be integrated with the student attendance system to monitor student attendance and reduce absenteeism.
- Monitoring Security: In an educational environment, security is of utmost importance. A Visitor Management System can help supervise stranger visits and restrict access to certain areas.